Practice areas
  • Business Litigation
  • Estate Planning/Elder Law
  • Personal Injury/Worker’s Compensation
  • Real Estate
  • Traffic Tickets/DUI - DWI
  • Other Practice Areas
  • Attorney Blair C. Lane, Sr

    About Blair C. Lane, Sr

    • Over 20 Years Courtroom Experience
    • Legal Ability and Professional Ethics

    Blair C. Lane, Sr will fight for you.
    Call: 1-888-231-5462 Toll Free
    or e-mail the firm to schedule a consultation.
    Learn More

    Frequently Asked Questions about Motor Vehicle Accidents in New Jersey

    Helpful Information from Blair C. Lane, Sr., Attorney at Law

    At the office of Blair C. Lane, Sr., Attorney at Law, we bring more than two decades of practice experience to people in south Jersey who have been injured in a motor vehicle accident. A former iron worker, attorney Lane understands hard work, and offers a strong work ethic to our clients. We built our practice on a commitment to personal service and attention. When you hire us to handle a personal injury claim, you will work directly with attorney Lane at all times, never with an associate or a paralegal.

    We provide a free initial consultation to all prospective personal injury clients. To schedule a private meeting, contact our office online or call us at 856-208-4105 (toll free at 888-231-5462).
    Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Motor Vehicle Accident Claims

    Q: If I am involved in a motor vehicle accident, what should I do?
    A: If you, your family member or any other persons involved in the accident need medical assistance, promptly contact the police, ambulance or fire rescue squad and obtain the necessary medical care. All drivers involved in a motor vehicle accident have a duty to stop their vehicle and exchange information with the other drivers and/or law enforcement personnel. This should include driver’s license, vehicle registration and vehicle insurance information. Therefore, you should keep your driver’s license, registration card and insurance identification cards in a safe and easily accessible location to your motor vehicle.
    Next, obtain any medical evaluations or treatment which is necessary.
    Report the accident to your insurance company. Take a photograph of the damage to your motor vehicle and the scene of the accident.

    Q: What happens if my vehicle is towed from the scene of the accident?
    A: Find out from the police officers who investigated this accident which towing company towed your vehicle. Normally, police departments have relationships with certain towing companies and your vehicle is towed to an impoundment lot which may be located at the police station or at the towing company’s place of business.

    Q: When and how can I get my personal possessions from the vehicle?
    A: If you are able, you should take all personal and/or valuable articles and remove same from the motor vehicle at the scene of the accident. If you are unable to remove these items, you can contact the police department and/or towing company directly to make arrangements to remove your personal property at a later point in time. Before going to your vehicle, check with the police department and/or towing company to determine the exact location of the vehicle, when you can access your vehicle, and whether or not you need any additional documentation to remove your property or remove the vehicle from the impound location. Some police departments require that you obtain a release from the police department before the vehicle or any property may be removed from the vehicle which has been towed or impounded.

    Q: How are the medical bills paid?
    A: Depending on your automobile insurance coverage, medical bills associated with motor vehicle accident are normally paid through your automobile insurance company unless you have selected an alternative source of medical bill payment such as your healthcare company. When obtaining any medical care, you should bring with you your automobile insurance information including the name, address, telephone number, claim number and policy number of your automobile insurance company.
    For more information regarding New Jersey Automobile Insurance information, go to our page on motor vehicle insurance.

    Q: What happens if my automobile insurance company does not pay my medical bills?
    A: Again, depending on the automobile insurance coverage you have selected, the insurance company is normally obligated to pay for your medical bills associated with the accident, even if the accident was your fault. If the insurance company fails to pay your medical bills, you should contact this office to determine why and what course of action should be taken. This office can take additional steps, including but not limited to, contacting your insurance company to resolve the dispute and by filing a law suit on your behalf to obtain the benefits that you may be entitled to.

    Q: What happens if I get a ticket in the accident?
    A: Depending on the circumstances, one or all of the drivers involved in the motor vehicle accident may have been given tickets. You should consult this office or an attorney with regard to your rights and possible penalties resulting from the issuance of the motor vehicle tickets.

    Q: What happens if I was working during the time of the accident?
    A: Depending upon the circumstances, even whether or not the accident was your fault, if you were working for your employer at the time of the accident, you may have or be entitled to file a workers’ compensation claim.
    For more information, go to our page on workers’ compensation benefits.

    Q: Can I sue any other driver who was involved in this motor vehicle accident and what can I sue them for?
    A: Common claims arising out of a motor vehicle accident include claims for unpaid medical bills, lost income, property damage, loss of services of a spouse and claims for pain and suffering as a result of the injuries sustained in the motor vehicle accident. Before you can proceed with a claim, many factors have to be analyzed including but not limited to your own selection of automobile insurance coverage, i.e., whether or not you selected an insurance coverage option which restricts your right to sue. In addition, your right to sue may depend on who was at fault or contributed to the motor vehicle accident including your own actions commonly referred to as your comparative negligence.

    Q: Is there a time limit to file a law suit?
    A: Yes. The time limitation, known as the Statute of Limitations, differs from each state. Normally, the time period in which a law suit has to be filed in the State of New Jersey for a claim for pain and suffering is no later than two (2) years from the date of the accident. There are only a few minor exceptions to the rule. The time period may also be shorter than two (2) years, depending on when and what type of claim you file. Therefore, it is very important that you determine how much time you have to file a law suit. This can easily be done by contacting this office.

    Contact Blair C. Lane, Sr., Attorney at Law

    To arrange a meeting with an experienced New Jersey personal injury lawyer, contact our office online or call us at 856-208-4105 (toll free at 888-231-5462) to arrange a confidential meeting. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover.

    We handle all personal injury claims on a contingent fee basis. There will be no attorney fees unless we recover compensation for your losses.

    Located in Cherry Hill, NJ, Blair Lane, Sr., Partner at Earp Cohn, also represents clients in Marlton, Haddon Township, Audubon, Barrington, Camden, Moorestown, Pennsauken, Haddonfield, Voorhees, Collingswood, Mt. Laurel, Westmont, Marlton, Mount Holly, Maple Shade, Medford, Evesham Township, Cinnaminson, Woodbury, Washington Township, Deptford, Camden County, Burlington County, Gloucester County and the surrounding areas of South Jersey.